If you are interested in getting an amateur radio license, you can signup for our workshops and exam session here
Meetings 5:30pm Friday in ENGR-I 456A
Try out Amateur Radio! Get a license, talk around the world! Build antennas and radios from scratch. Learn practical electronics. Come to our meetings, we can help with these things.
We also have a mailing list. This is a main method of distribution of information.
Additionally, there is a club Facebook page.
The club also has a picture gallery of members' pictures.
We have started doing semi-regular testing sessions. Fill out this form if you would like to attend review sessions or our next testing session.
It's not the size of the antenna, but the SWR that counts.
To promote Amateur Radio, and its use around UCF by students and faculty.
 Club meetings
- Meetings are in Engr I room 456A every week.
- Fridays at 5:30PM
- No formal nets are currently scheduled (TBD), but if they were they would be on the repeater. If you are unlicensed, you can still participate in the net. Just find a club member.
Most meetings are listed on google calendar.
After most meetings we eat.
 past minutes and future meetings
- past minutes and future agendas (recent changes)
- Ideas for a live demo
- ideas for future antenna projects
- See also the club google calendar
 Annual club events
These are events the club is regularly involved in:
- UCF semi-annual tailgate
- UCF spring Tailgate: second week of January: January 13, 2018
- UCF summer tailgate: second week of June: June 10, 2017
- ARRL database: Southern Florida hamfests
- ARRL database: Northern Florida hamfests
- Field day
- Orlando Hamcation: The 2nd Largest Hamfest / convention in the USA.
- Dayton Hamvention: The largest hamfest in the USA.
 Club ToDo List
moved to ARC todo
 Club projects and activities
 projects in progress
(or, at least, these should be active)
- ARC project 1 demo board
- moxon magazine article
- reflow oven
- repeater controller
- pcb layout with sensors
- repeater controller progress
- Simple radio receiver
- multi-band strip line SWR meter with phase detection for 35mhz - 3ghz
rotor repair- Finished - Awaiting installation with sattelite antenna array.
- satellite ground station
- satellite radio package
 possible future meeting activities
- licensing exam study
- soldering practice -- PL259 ends on coax
- field trip to UCF radio station
- field trip to WMFE (see also WABC, NJ and http://www.j-hawkins.com/wlw.shtml#radio7sect 700-WLW])
- build copper pipe moxons and j-poles
 possible project sources
- ARC Semester ToDo Items
- Repeater modifications (IRLP, antenna, fix 70cm)
- Wifi Antenna Building, Fox Hunt, Long Distance Link
- Build Direction Finding Equipment
- QST Homework
- Folding J-Pole Workshop
- Mini Field Day
- QSL card database display (IBM laptop in shack needs final modification)
- ATX Power Supply Mod
- build a Class D amplifier
- microwave stuff (900mhz, 1.2Ghz, 2.4Ghz)
 Topic Index
- Software Defined Radio
- Fox hunting
- Antenna links
- Amateur Radio Emergency Jumpkit
- ARC live demo
- Senior Design PCB Milling Machine & Certification
 Old items of interest
- field day
- NASA info
- Past minutes
- Seminole county ARES/RACES training
- Code practice cdroms: wa4cm has made a few code practice cdroms, available to any members who would like to borrow them.
 Officers & Advisors
|Nathan Bodnar, President, Supreme Operator||KJ4BWR|
|Ramsay Newman, Treasurer, Right Hand Man||KM4INO|
|Steven Dick, Club Faculty Advisor||KG4YDW|
 Members & Alumni
|Currently Active Members (Student & Alumni)|
|Christopher E. Maukonen||wa4cm|
|Doug Maukonen||k4ddm (formerly kf4ze, ka4nnx)|
|Zlatko A Masic||KJ4JEA|
|José A. Figueroa||KJ4FBZ|
|Anson Shurr||WU2F (formerly KJ4MJI)|
|UCFARC Alumni Members|
|Jeffrey C Lambert||k1vzx (was ki4vtn)|
|Keith Wall||AK4JQ (was KI4HXM)|
|Scott Harden||AJ4VD (was KJ4LDF)|
|Craig A. Jacobson||ka0kqc|
|Dr. Edwin K. Evenson||ki4agl|
|Matthew A. Rhodes||ki4evh|
|Jared M. Davies||kg4gac|
|Mike F. Haendel||kg4rqh|
|Karl "Skip" Brooks||wb4yed (SK)|
|Jami W. Ward||kg4zke|
|Tannen S. VanZwieten||ki4evi|
|Matt Kassawara||KG0W (was KG4FEQ)|
|Jason M. Varner||kg4gae|
|W. Schuyler Frost||kg4haq|
|Steven F. Schindler||na4sa|
|Samuel M. Richie||ka4kzf|
|Robert Broderick WE4B||we4b|
|Benny D. Miller Jr.||w4qed|
|Michael M. Clark, Jr.||ki4olu|
|Brian J Parkhurst||km4fes|
|Stephen W Szabo||wb4omm|
|Dr. Christian S. Bauer Jr||SK ki4iuw|
|If you were forgotten in either section above, feel free to add yourself.|
Passed your exam and waiting for your call sign? check the FCC advanced search.
 External Links
- /r/amateurradio A subreddit devoted to amateur radio. Good spirited, generally younger (most less than 40yo) group of hams.
- /r/RTLSDR A subreddit which discusses the popular, inexpensive, RTL-SDR receiver dongle and other software defined transceivers.
- ARRL Amateur Radio Collegiate Initiative FB Page. Connect, discuss, and more with other hams just like you.
- Central Florida Geeks lots of Linux/Ham links, etc.
- HamStudy.org Practice Tests and Flash Cards. (see also Ham exam)
- SSD's ham page
- ADSB Project
 tutorials and references
- RTL-SDR.com Blog A useful web site which regularly posts news, tutorials, applications, and more for the ubiquitous RTL-SDR receiver dongle, and other software defined transceivers.
- PL259 soldering tutorial
- Amphenol assembly instructions
- resources and information on Mobile phone radiation and Emf Protection
- High Voltage Experimenter's Handbook
- RF & Microwave White Papers